Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Year in Review


My senior year just flew by, and I cannot believe it has come to an end. It was a very busy year, but also a lot of fun.

I have a passion for art, and was able to exercise that love in so many different ways. I had the privilege of being the yearbook editor, which was a huge responsibility, but also a great experience. I had the opportunity to design spreads and lead the rest of the staff as we created a great book. Throughout the year, I was also in a studio art class where I created a great portfolio. That was a highlight of my year, as I not only improved my art, but also won several awards in art contests.

Like most seniors, I spent a lot of time filling out scholarship applications, and anticipating the college decision. That process took a lot of time and hard work, but it all paid off. In the fall I am going to attend Wheaton College, located just outside of Chicago. I plan on majoring in Graphic Design and am so excited to start that new chapter of my life.